Lemonade
Here I was
There I am swimming in lemonade
Thinking about balloons and pink pumpkin cakes
Now I have got that same feeling
Tingling bad happy scared birthday feelings
That where I am, I find myself not there again
Summer sun could you take me away
You said you will take us away someday
I remember you once told me that my friend would stay
Have I listened wrong that time
Or were you lying again?
This awkward feeling
I am now stuck with this feeling
Look at me, I know I am fine
But look at us, you are still afraid of leaving things behind
Ah you're thinking that we have always been one
But truthfully it has never been the same
Cause where I am, I find myself not there again
Watch out
You're gonna suffer if you don't start breathing now
You gotta breathe or we would drown:
Quick quick hurry calm yourself down
Back back tumble back into your rehearsed dreams
Hide hide creep under the shadow of cocktail umbrellas
Fancy rancid tea parties and clacking of the skin
Float float floating like ice-cubes you find yourself melt away
Fade fade therapeutically forget until you are the same again
But it doesn't matter anyway (does it?)
We all know we're gonna put the blame on you
If only you could see yourself as others see
Alright, let me use this chance to say :
"I need you, We need you
But the you is going insane
And where we used to be,
I find we are not there again."

<< Home